Veterinary Medical & Surgical Procedures & Services
– Orthopaedic –
- Cruciate ligament repair (extracapsular)
- Tibial plateau levelling osteotomy (TPLO)
- Patella luxation repair
- Multiple ligament injury repair
- Repair of all stifle fractures
- Total hip replacement (THR) – Kyon (Zurich) Cementless THR is preferred technique
- Femur head and neck excisional arthroplasty (FNE)
- Triple pelvic osteotomy (TPO)
- Luxation repairs
- Repair of all hip fractures
- OCD removal
- Fracture repair
- Arthroscopy (scope)
- Elbow dysplasia (multiple corrective techniques utilised)
- Fragmented medial coronoid process removal (scope)
- Ununited anconeal process
- Limb alignment correction
- Fracture repair
- Mandibulectomy / Maxillectomy
- Tumour resection
- Diagnostic procedures: myelography, MRI, CT
- Intervertebral disc disease repair (pediculectomy/laminectomy)
- Atlanto-axial instability
- Wobbler syndrome
- Spinal neoplasia (cancer)
- Fracture repair
- Dermoid sinus surgery
- Corkscrew tail surgery
- Total ear canal ablation
- Lateral and ventral bulla osteotomies
- (salivary gland resection)
- Laryngeal paralysis – laryngeal tie back
- Upper airway obstruction surgery
- Lung lobectomy
- Oesophageal surgery
- Exploratory laparotomy
- Gastric dilation volvulus (GDV)
- Liver and gall bladder surgery
- Liver shunt surgery
- Kidney surgery: biopsy, removal, stones
- Ectopic ureter surgery
- Sling urethroplasty
- Hernia repair
- Blocked bladder surgery: urethrostomy
DERMATOLOGY / SKIN
A full history must be taken. Skin tests are performed in house or biopsies are sent off for Histopathology tests. Most skin cases can be managed or cured once a diagnosis has been made.
CARDIOLOGY / HEART
We offer diagnostic tests to diagnose heart ailments and advise on further therapy. Chest radiographs [X-rays], ECG’s and heart ultrasound scans [Echocardiography] are routinely performed. CT scans are done at the local hospital when required.
ONCOLOGY / CANCER
Diagnosis and then surgery &/or chemotherapy where beneficial is offered with access to radiation and immunotherapy where needed. Note – Quality of life is the focus of this service.
Dogs and cats with vomiting or dirrhoea , abdominal pain, cramping and changed appetite, weight loss or changed swallowing fall into this category.
We use scopes to check the mouth, oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine and rectum. Liver, spleen and pancreas problems are investigated and diagnostic trials, ultrasound scans and CT scans are the modalities used.
PULMONOLOGY / AIRWAYS
Endoscopy, thoracic radiographs & equiptment for harvesting cells from the airways are available on site while contrast CT scans are available at the closest hospital.
ENDOCRINE / HORMONAL
Cushings/Hyperadrenocoticism, Thyroid issues and Addison’s disease as well as Diabetes mellitus and calcium imbalances are a few of the complex cases we manage.
NEPHROLOGY / KIDNEYS & BLADDER
Using lab analysis, blood pressure measurements, ultrasound exams, scope and biopsies and urinalysis, we are able to diagnose and manage many renal and lower urinary tract diseases.
Neurological examination through history taking and aquiring teh minimum database of tests are done to localize the cause of neurological disease when needed. Myelograms, spinal taps and CT scans are performed when necessary.
IMMUNOLOGY / AUTOIMMUNE
Immune mediated diseases of the blood, joints, skin and central nervous system are routinely diagnosed and managed.
- Spay (Female)
- Neuter (Male)
- Dental (Scale & polish, extractions)
- Lump removal
- Small surgical procedures
Recommended Prescription Foods
Feel free to browse our galley.
(011) 792 6442/3
Emergency after hours
083 698 3819
Emergencies will be handled immediately.
A surcharge applies to consulations on Weekends and Public holidays.
07h30 –12h00 / 15h00 –18h00
Sundays & Public Holidays
Weekdays – 12h00 – 17h45
Weekends & Public holidays : No visitors allowed.
- Strictly by appointment only.
- 15 minute visit
- Only 1 patient allowed to be visited by a maximum of 2 visitors.